Applications for 2017 will be online in January
The Showcases are a centerpiece of the annual Arts Northwest Booking Conference!
The Arts Northwest Juried Showcases are renowned for the commitment to quality and diversity, as well as its reputation as one of the most effective methods for artists to increase their visibility with presenters in the west.
The performing artists/ensembles are selected by a peer panel process to present a 12-minute excerpt of their work during the annual conference. These showcases are highly sought after and extremely competitive.
After Hours Showcasing artists are also selected from this pool of applicants. The After Hours Showcases are well attended core programs of the NW Booking Conference.
The 2017 Juried Showcase Showcases times are TBA, but will take place on October 9 -12 at the Broadway Theatre on the Square in Tacoma, WA. Please ensure that the artist/ensemble will be available during that time.
Application Fee: $100 (Non refundable application fee)
Confirmation Fee: $100 confirmation fee if you are a selected for a Juried Showcase.
IF selected for a showcase the artist, ensemble or agent MUST be a member, and MUST have representation in the exhibit hall at the 2017 NW Booking Conference. In the event that you meet the showcase standard but there is no more room in the Juried Showcases please indicate if you would like to be considered for an After Hours Showcase.
We're here to help you!
NORTHWEST BOOKING CONFERENCE AND SHOWCASING DETAILS
Conference Dates: Monday, October 9 – Thursday, October 12
Conference Location: Hotel Murano Tacoma, WA
Performance Venue: Broadway Theatre on the Square
Juried Showcase Application: Applications are now online
Juried Showcasing:Showcase Length: 12 minutes with 5 minutes for set up
Showcase Application Fee: Members-$100.
Additional Juried Showcase fee: $100 if accepted (application fee not applied to this amount)
Showcasing artsits are required to purchase a booth and have it staffed during open exhibit hall hours. Registration for the conference and booth purchases will be online in June 2017.
You or your agent mus be a member of Arts Northwest to APPLY to showcase at the Arts Northwest Booking Conference. (An agency's membership covers the artists on their roster). IF you are selected, you must agree to have representation in the exhibit hall.
SHOWCASE ELIGIBILITY, SELECTION PROCESS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND NOTIFICATION
All performing artists in all genres are encouraged to apply for the 2017 Juried Showcase. Exceptions include artists who were selected for Arts Northwest juried showcases in 2015 or in 2016.
• Each applicant is assessed on artistic merit, originality, fee schedule, residency activities, availability for touring and diversity in terms of the need to showcase high quality artists from a variety of disciplines. The jury is mindful of the need to expose new artists to western presenters. To this end, an artist who has never showcased is likely to receive priority over an equally talented artist who showcased previously.
• Showcase if chosen: It is expected that the 12-minute showcase will closely mirror the sample provided, in quality and production value, including any props or costumes.
• You must be available to perform in Tacoma, Washington between Oct 9 -12, 2017. Rehearsal times may be scheduled on Oct 9, 10 or 11, 2017.
• If selected, you or your representative must purchase a full or half booth at the Northwest Booking conference and staff it during all exhibit hall hours.
• You must include a non-refundable Juried Showcase application fee of $100 with each application.
• If selected, you must pay an additional showcase confirmation fee of $100. (The application fee not be applied to this amount.) This fee is non-refundable.
WORK SAMPLES FOR PANEL REVIEW