The Showcases are a centerpiece of the annual Arts Northwest Conference! Three different opportunties are offered!
The Arts Northwest Juried Showcases are renowned for the commitment to quality and diversity, as well as its reputation as one of the most effective methods for artists to increase their visibility with presenters in the west.
The performing artists/ensembles are selected by a peer panel process to present a 12-minute excerpt of their work during the annual conference. These showcases are highly sought after and extremely competitive.
In addition to the Juried Showcases, we offer the Sessions Juried Showcases, which are selected through the same juried showcase applications. These 12 minute performances are held on Wednesday evening of the conference, in the host hotel.
Our third showcase opportunity is the Pitch and Perform sessions.
In five minutes or less, artists and agents pitch projects and/or perform. This session is an opportunity for exhibit hall delegates who are not showcasing a platform to address presenters.This is a great way for non-showcasing artists to increase visibility at the conference.
To be eligible for a pitch session at our upcoming conference, you must be a registered attendee with a booth in the exhibit hall. Artists Showcasing in 2019 are not eligible. Sign up is on a first come, first serve basis. You will be given the option to sign up when you register.
The Pitch & Perform sessions are intended to increase the visibility for artists at the conference that are self-represented or new to the conference.
Application Fee: $100 (Non-refundable application fee)
Confirmation Fee: $100 confirmation fee if you are a selected for a Juried Showcase.
To apply for a showcase the artist, ensemble or agent MUST be a member and MUST have representation in the exhibit hall at the 2020 ANW Conference. In the event that you meet the showcase standard but there is no more room in the Juried Showcases please indicate if you would like to be considered for a Sessions Juried Showcase.
We're here to help you!
ARTS NORTHWEST CONFERENCE AND SHOWCASING DETAILS
Conference Dates: Monday, October 12 – Thursday, October 15, 2020 in Spokane, WA.
Juried Showcase Application: Applications open in Feb 2020
Juried Showcasing:Showcase Length: 12 minutes with 5 minutes for set up
Showcase Application Fee: Members-$100.
Additional Juried Showcase fee: $100 if accepted (application fee not applied to this amount)
Showcasing artists are required to purchase a booth and have it staffed during open exhibit hall hours. Registration for the conference and booth purchases will be online in June 2020.
You or your agent must be a member of Arts Northwest to APPLY to showcase at the Arts Northwest Conference. (An agency's membership covers the artists on their roster). IF you are selected, you must agree to have representation in the exhibit hall.
SHOWCASE ELIGIBILITY, SELECTION PROCESS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND NOTIFICATION
All performing artists in all genres are encouraged to apply for the 2020 Juried Showcase. Exceptions include artists who were selected for Arts Northwest juried showcases in 2018 or in 2019.
• Each applicant is assessed on artistic merit, originality, fee schedule, residency activities, availability for touring and diversity in terms of the need to showcase high quality artists from a variety of disciplines. The jury is mindful of the need to expose new artists to western presenters. To this end, an artist who has never showcased is likely to receive priority over an equally talented artist who showcased previously.
• Showcase if chosen: It is expected that the 12-minute showcase will closely mirror the sample provided, in quality and production value, including any props or costumes.
• You must be available to perform in Spokane, WA between Oct 12 -15, 2020. Rehearsal times may be scheduled on Oct 12, 13 or 14, 2020.
• If selected, you or your representative must purchase a full or half booth at the Arts Northwest conference and staff it during all exhibit hall hours.
• You must include a non-refundable Juried Showcase application fee of $100 with each application.
• If selected, you must pay an additional showcase confirmation fee of $100. (The application fee not be applied to this amount.) This fee is non-refundable.
WORK SAMPLES FOR PANEL REVIEW
2020 JSC Performance venue:
Martin Woldson Theater at the FOX